- VA - Indian Creek
- Chesapeake, VA, USA
- Full Time
Spectrum offers a wide range of benefits including health/dental/vision/voluntary insurances, company-paid life insurance, FSA, a generous paid time off policy, 401k with company match & tuition reimbursement!
Spectrum established its Correctional Treatment Division to provide specialized treatment to offenders with a history of chronic substance abuse and criminal behavior. Using a cognitive-behavioral skill building and therapeutic community approach, Spectrum's correctional treatment programs teach participants practical ways to achieve a law abiding life, free from drugs and crime.
Under the direction of the assigned Clinical Supervisor, the Pre-Certified Counselor provides counseling services to clients in the assigned program. The provision of counseling services includes facilitation of group programming and meetings, individual counseling, case management services, and clinical documentation responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Services field or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Those actively working toward Certification as a Substance Abuse Counselor in the State of Virginia are highly desirable.
- Two years of experience working in the substance abuse treatment field is preferred.
- Experience working within a correctional or secure environment is a plus.
- Experience working in Therapeutic Community model programs is a plus.