- Spectrum Young Adults
- Westborough, MA, USA
- Part Time
This position is located in Westborough, at Spectrum's Young Adult Program. Clients participate in a structured weekly schedule consisting of recovery groups, individual counseling, treatment planning and recreational activities. Individual progress is assessed every 30 days by the program's multi-disciplinary team. The program's length of stay is variable based upon individual progress.
Clients who successfully complete the three treatment phases are eligible for participation in the re-entry component of the program which consists of community work and continued "in-house" individual and group counseling. Comprehensive after-care planning is also provided in order to ensure continued treatment and prevent relapse following discharge from the program.
The Recovery Specialist I is responsible for maintaining a safe, therapeutic environment on their assigned unit at all times with an emphasis on high quality services and customer satisfaction. This position also assists the Clinical Supervisor in delivering the clinical aspects of the program including intakes, groups, individual sessions, meetings and case management.
This position is for 3:00pm-11:30pm on Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Demonstrated experience working in substance abuse, mental health and/or working with adolescent or young adult males is highly preferred – at least 1 year.
- Experience working in a residential, inpatient or any 24 hour program is a plus.
- Must display the use of appropriate independent judgment to determine appropriate course of action in resolving problems and in emergencies.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have a clean driving record.