- General (MA)
- Pittsfield, MA, USA
- Full Time
Spectrum offers a wide range of benefits including health/dental/voluntary insurance, paid time off, 401k/403b & tuition reimbursement! www.spectrumsys.org/careers/benefits
Since 1969, Spectrum Health Systems, Inc . has been a leader in the field of alcohol and drug abuse treatment. Our mission is to provide the highest quality of services to individuals seeking treatment for substance abuse and/or mental health issues. We assist our clients in achieving sobriety, sustaining recovery, and fulfilling personal goals in order that they may lead healthier, more productive lives.
At Spectrum Health Systems, we take great pride in our organization and in our work. We believe that providing the highest quality service and ensuring that our actions and behaviors are always client-focused place our organization ahead of the rest.
The Nurse Practitioner/Physician's Assistant (NP/PA) provides direct client services which includes admission physicals and reviews for new clients entering medication-assisted treatment in our Opioid Treatment Programs.
Responsible for ongoing medical evaluations ensuring appropriate medication levels. The Nurse Practitioner/Physician's Assistant will participate as a member of the multidisciplinary team and work closely with the Chief medical Officer.
The Nurse Practitioner/Physician's Assistant will participate as a member of the multidisciplinary team and work closely with the Supervising Psychiatrist and Director of Outpatient Clinical Services for Outpatient. Prescribes all psychotropic medications, including schedule II drugs and all drugs indicated to treat side-effects of psychotropic medication.
This is a Full-Time position, with travel expected in western Massachusetts.
- Valid MA NP / PA License – or other applicable advanced practice license required.
- CPR certificate or obtains certification within 90 days of hire required.
- Experience in substance abuse/mental health field or an acute care inpatient healthcare environment preferred.
- Working knowledge of Windows 7 and Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory to the Supervising Psychiatrist and Director of Outpatient Clinical Services.
- Experience with adolescent and young adult clients preferred.