- MA DOC - MCI Shirley Min. CRA (Sec. 2)
- Shirley, MA, USA
- Full Time
Spectrum offers a wide range of benefits including health/dental/vision/voluntary insurances, company-paid life insurance, FSA, a generous paid time off policy, 401k with company match & tuition reimbursement!
In 1993, Spectrum established its Correctional Treatment Division to provide specialized treatment to offenders with a history of chronic substance abuse and criminal behavior. Using a cognitive-behavioral skill building and therapeutic community approach, Spectrum's correctional treatment programs teach participants practical ways to achieve a law abiding life, free from drugs and crime. Today, Spectrum provides a range of services to more than 6,500 criminal offenders each day, in community-based settings and correctional institutions throughout Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Georgia, Tennessee, Virginia and Washington State.
The Therapeutic Community Technician assists Program Director and counselors in residential therapeutic programs. This includes monitoring client activity, and conducting orientation and assessments. This position is also responsible for completion of basic documentation in the program and facilitates meetings and educational sessions as needed.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:00pm, must be able to work at least one evening shift per week (12:00pm-8:00pm).
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required; Associate's Degree preferred.
- Experience in Substance Abuse/Chemical Dependency field or closely related field preferred.
- Experience working in a Therapeutic Community model chemical dependency program or in corrections is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required.