- Spectrum Girls
- Westborough, MA, USA
- Full Time
Spectrum offers a wide range of benefits including health/dental/vision/voluntary insurances, company-paid life insurance, FSA, a generous paid time off policy, 401k with company match & tuition reimbursement!
This position is currently offering a $1000 bonus!
($500 payable after hire, remaining $500 after 6 months)
Funded by the Massachusetts Department of Youth Services, Spectrum operates a detention program for adolescent girls in Westborough, Massachusetts.
The program's length of stay is, by necessity, short-term and transient. For this reason, Spectrum's interventions are focused and time-limited. All youth participate in a daily schedule of counseling sessions, life skills training and educational instruction within a safe, supportive, and highly structured environment. We work with youth who are detained and/or committed by the court and our intent is to reduce the risk of continued harm associated with delinquent behaviors by providing feedback on personal risk, introducing positive change, promoting self-efficacy, and developing individual goals.
The Direct Care Worker I, ensures residents are provided with a safe and secure environment by following the policies and procedures of the program and demonstrating a positive, responsible, and respectful presence on the unit. Duties include transporting clients and assisting residents in daily routine.
Direct Care Workers may need to provide physical interventions and restraints where appropriate and necessary in accordance with Departmental policies to diffuse crisis situations and ensure safety and security of youth and staff.
There are multiple openings for this position, across both 2nd and 3rd shifts. 2nd shift runs 3:00pm-11:00pm and 3rd shift runs 11:00pm-7:00am.
Employees in this position may be required to work extended hours, nights, holidays and/or weekends. They may also be asked to work overtime shifts to meet staff-to-youth ratios..
- Some experience with at-risk youth is highly preferred
- Experience working in a secure/locked facility or similar program also highly preferred
- Ability to interact professionally with clients and staff
- Demonstrated qualities that evidence maturity, effective communication, listening and problem-solving skills.
- Be capable of performing any number of physical activities that may be required for the safety and security of the unit residents and staff including the participation in physical restraints of clients.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent.