- GA - Johnson
- Wrightsville, GA, USA
- Full Time
Spectrum offers a wide range of benefits including health/dental/vision/voluntary insurances, company-paid life insurance, FSA, a generous paid time off policy, 401k with company match & tuition reimbursement!
This position is now offering a $500 bonus for uncertified/unlicensed counselors and a $1,000 bonus for those who are licensed or certified!
Spectrum Health Systems, Inc has an excellent opportunity for Substance Abuse Counselors in the Wrightsville, GA area!
In 1993, Spectrum established its Correctional Treatment Division to provide specialized treatment to offenders with a history of chronic substance abuse and criminal behavior. Using a cognitive-behavioral skill building and therapeutic community approach, Spectrum's correctional treatment programs teach participants practical ways to achieve a law abiding life, free from drugs and crime. Today, Spectrum provides a range of services to more than 6,500 criminal offenders each day, in community-based settings and correctional institutions throughout Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Georgia, Tennessee, Virginia and Washington State.
Seeking a highly qualified Substance Abuse Counselor to provide counseling services to offenders in the Residential Substance Abuse Treatment (RSAT) Program at Johnson State Prison. This position also works closely with Georgia Department of Corrections (GDC) staff to coordinate all program services and provide information for case management/records management.
Schedule is Monday-Thursday 7:00am-5:00pm. There are 2 vacancies for this position!
- BA/MA in Criminal Justice, Human Services, Education, Counseling or closely related field.
- Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist, Addiction Counselor certification or has completed at least one-half of requirements for licensure or certification. If not licensed/certified at time of employment, must obtain license or certification no later than two years from date of employment.
- Corrections experience preferred.
- Must be receptive to supervision & be a team player
- Good time-management skills