Spectrum's Recovery through Education, Adventure, Commitment and Health (REACH) program is an experiential, adventure-based, residential program in Grafton, Massachusetts. Funded by the Massachusetts Department of Youth Services, this staff secure program is designed to serve up to fifteen male youth. Youth participate in a structured daily schedule including counseling sessions, drug education, life skills training and academic instruction. Project Adventure activities are used to impart fundamental lessons in leadership, perseverance, communication, decision-making, teamwork, trust and personal responsibility. All youth develop a concrete and practical aftercare plan to ensure continued recovery and positive community living upon discharge.
This employee is responsible for the implementation of meal and food services delivered to the residents of the REACH Program under the direction of the Food Services Coordinator. The employee is also responsible for the networking and coordination of food services, including its administration, as well as all DYS, state, and vendor programs, community agencies and Spectrum Health Services and its programs as assigned. This position may be required to work evenings and weekends to meet the operational needs of the program.
Position is full-time/40 hours per week. Schedule varies including shifts of 11am-7pm
- Must be Servsafe certified/licensed.
- At least one year of related food service industry experience is preferred.
- Candidate must be able to interact with residents on an appropriate level and have strong sense of boundaries.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess the sense of sight/hearing/speech, or use prosthetics that will enable the use senses to function adequately so that the requirements of the position can be fully met.
- Must be capable of lifting between 25 – 50 pounds, bending, stooping, reaching, sitting, climbing, and standing for extended periods of time while performing kitchen duties.
- Be capable of performing any number of physical activities that may be required for the safety and security of the unit residents and staff including the participation in physical restraints of clients.